a) “Authorised Sales Channel”
means the authorized sales dealers/distributors of HANSGROHE India’s Products and listed on its website - www.hansgrohe.in
b) “Authorized Service Franchisee/Representative“
means a party (franchisee) or representative who is allowed to have access to HANSGROHE India's (the franchiser) proprietary knowledge, processes, and trademarks in order to allow the party (franchisee) or representative to provide a service under the HANSGROHE India’s name.
means the original customer or first customer which purchased the Product from the Authorised Sales Channel of HANSGROHE India.
d) “HANSGROHE India”
means HANSGROHE India Private Limited having its registered office at Office No. 701, Lunkad Sky Station, Viman Nagar - 411014, Pune, Maharashtra, India
means the invoice issued by the Authorized Sales Channel with regard to a particular Product purchased by the Customer.
f) “Warranty Commencement Date”
means the date of purchase of the Product by the Customer as mentioned in the Invoice issued by the Authorised Sales Channel.
g) “Warranty Period”
means the period commencing from the Warranty Commencement Date till such period as defined in Annexure I.
h) “Warranty Policy”
means this Warranty Policy and shall include the amendments made there after by HANSGROHE India from time to time.
i) “Working Hours”
: Working hours for service are Monday to Saturday from 9:30 Hrs. to 18:00 Hrs. India time.
2. HANSGROHE India sells its Products only through Authorised Sales Channel. HANSGROHE India strongly recommends purchasing the Product through its Authorised Sales Channel only. Any Product purchased through an unauthorized Sales Channel will be void of warranty and aftersales services.
3. This warranty is only effective if proof of purchase (original sales/purchase Tax Invoice) and warranty certificate of the Product purchased through Authorised Sales Channel is provided with all warranty claims or requests. This warranty is not transferrable and confined to original purchaser/first purchaser of the Product only. Customers are therefore required to keep the original invoice and warranty certificate of the Product safely.
4. Warranty does not apply to damage of Products resulting from abnormal use, misuse, abuse, neglect or accident. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by a different Warranty Period as described in Annexure I.
5. During the Warranty Period if (in the sole opinion of HANSGROHE India) the defect is due to defects in the material or workmanship, HANSGROHE India or its Authorized Service Franchisee/Representative will, at its sole discretion, service or replace free of cost, any defective component or part of the Product, subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in this Warranty Policy.
6. HANSGROHE India or its Authorized Service Representative / Franchisee solely can service the Product.
7. HANSGROHE India is not bound by any obligation to carry out service/replacement in a specified time period, while every reasonable effort will be made by HANSGROHE India to carry out service/replacement at the earliest.
8. This warranty does not include payment of or responsibility for any GST, central taxes, state taxes and other local taxes assessed to the parts supplied or serviced during the Warranty Period. The same shall be borne by the Customer.
9. HANSGROHE India is not responsible for labour charges, installation or other incidental or consequential costs. HANSGROHE India is not responsible or liable for any special or consequential damages due to the defective Product, or due to defects of any component or part thereof and in no event will the liability of HANSGROHE India exceed the purchase price of the Product.
10. Warranty Period will not be extended for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to:
a) In case the Product has not been installed after purchase or has not been in use for any part or whole of the Warranty Period.
b) Due to time consumed for the repair/ replacement of parts including transit of the Product.
11. HANSGROHE India shall make its best endeavour to provide onsite warranty services but due to unavoidable/exceptional circumstances the Product may be required for offsite inspection at HANSGROHE India’s service centre/service centre of HANSGROHE India’s authorized service associate. HANSGROHE India shall not be liable to provide any alternative Product for temporary use in such case and shall not be liable for any cost or consequences incurred by the customer due to offsite inspection. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, HANSGROHE India shall not be liable for any defect in the goods in any of the following events:
a) the Customer makes any further use of such Product after giving notice of defect to HANSGROHE India;
b) the defect arises because the Customer failed to follow HANSGROHE India’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Product or (if there are none) good trade practice regarding the same;
c) the defect arises as a result of HANSGROHE India following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Customer;
d) the Customer alters or repairs such goods without the written consent of the HANSGROHE India;
e) the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
f) the Products differ from their description or the specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements; or
g) The Customer uses the Product for any illegal purpose.
12. This warranty remains applicable only if the Product has at all times been used strictly in accordance with the terms of this warranty and has not been improperly or negligently handled. This warranty is not valid or effective if the Products are not installed according to the instruction manual.
13. This warranty does not cover problems arising from insufficient water pressure, excessive water impurities/hardness beyond the norms of drinking water or improper care and cleaning. Guidelines for proper care and cleaning*** are mentioned below. HANSGROHE India is not responsible for labour charges, installation or other incidental or consequential costs. All such cost shall be borne by the Customer.
14. In the event of non-availability of components or parts due to any reason whatsoever, neither HANSGROHE India nor its Authorized Service Franchisee nor the dealer will be responsible or liable for any delay that may be caused to service/repair of the Product. Replacement of parts would be purely at the discretion of HANSGROHE India alone. In case of the replacement of entire unit is being made, (subject to the sole discretion of HANSGROHE India), the same Product shall be replaced with a new Product. In the event of Product obsolescence, a suitable replacement will be chosen based upon the features, the intended use (subject to the sole discretion of HANSGROHE India) and the retail price of the original Product. In the event of Product obsolescence HANSGROHE India cannot guarantee the same colour or aesthetic attributes as the original Product.
15. HANSGROHE India or its Authorized Service Representative / Franchisee reserves the right to retain any part/s or component/s replaced at its discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the Product during the Warranty Period.
16. For Products sold in India, only this Warranty Policy is applicable. Any reference to any other Warranty Policy will not be considered. The warranty does not cover any accessories external to the Product. Warranty is valid and applicable to the Products which are licensed for sale and purchased in India through Authorized Sales Channel of the HANSGROHE India only.
17. After completion of Warranty Period, in case of any defect, standard charges will be charged from Customer as per standard labour charges defined by HANSGROHE India. The labour charges are subject to the latest rate card defined by HANSGROHE India (mentioned in Annexure I ).
18. Commercial and Project customers Warranty Period shall commence on the basis of period mentioned on warranty certificate provided at the time of project handover /completion.
19. Defined Warranty Period is applicable to 'Products' only.a) For Residential Customers -
After Five years from date of purchase, service visit charges will be applicable as per the standard rates of labours and/or parts (as the case may be), prevailing and defined by HANSGROHE India at that point of time.b) For Commercial Projects Customers -
After three years from Warranty Commencement Date as mentioned on Warranty Certificate, service visit charges will be applicable as per the standard rates of labours and/or parts (as the case may be), prevailing and defined by HANSGROHE India at that point of time.
20. Our service working hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:30 Hrs. to 18:00 Hrs. Except all public & National holidays. Any service specifically requested after working hours will be on a chargeable basis subject to being agreed and approved by HANSGROHE India. HANSGROHE India reserves the right of denial of such request at its sole discretion.
21. Replacement/Refund Clause
If a Product fails to perform during Warranty Period, then the customer service team will assess the facts and may take any of following actions:
a) Replace it with the same model.
b) Replace it with the upgraded model, in case if the same model is discontinued or not available.
c) Make a refund (in case if Customer shows his unwillingness to accept replacement)
d) The remedy set forth in this Warranty Policy constitutes the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy.
e) Except as mentioned in this Warranty Policy, HANSGROHE India shall not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages caused to the Customer, including but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits or lost business.
f) If any provision of this Warranty Policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this Warranty Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect.
22. This Warranty Policy and the Annexures attached hereto, integrate all the terms and conditions mentioned herein or incidental hereto and supersedes all verbal negotiations and prior writings in respect of the subject matter hereof.
23. HANSGROHE India reserves its right to amend, modify or alter the terms of this Warranty Policy at its sole discretion and the same shall become binding on the Customer. Any modification, amendment or alteration shall be published on its website. This is HANSGROHE India’s exclusive warranty. The decision of HANSGROHE India regarding the warranty is final and binding. All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of Pune Courts only.
24. This warranty policy shall be governed by HANSGROHE India’s General Terms and Conditions of Business (“GTC”) and in the event of a conflict between the warranty policy and the GTC, the terms of the GTC shall prevail.
This warranty is not applicable or shall stand void in the following cases:
- Proof of purchase not shown to HANSGROHE India's authorized service representative at the time of repair/making claim i.e. invoice in original and/or Warranty Certificate. For such cases, services may be rendered on chargeable basis as per the standard rates of labour and/or parts (as the case may be), prevailing at that point of time.
- The Product is not installed/ used according to the instruction given in instruction/installation manual.
- Site conditions, where the Product is installed, do not conform to the recommended operating conditions of the Product as specified in the instruction manual of the Product (supplied along with the Product).
- Defect(s) caused by improper use, negligent handling damage, misuse, tampering, neglect or lack of care and in case of alterations or repair carried out by unauthorized persons, as determined by the HANSGROHE India.
- Defect is caused due to the cause beyond reasonable control like lightning, flood, riots, acts of god, abnormal water supply/pressure, Surge Voltage from power source or while in transit from dealer's outlet to purchaser's residence.
- Defects or damage from operation, maintenance, installation, adjustment, any alteration or modification of any kind.
- Warranty Period will start from the date of invoice & warranty will automatically terminate on the expiry of the Warranty Period, even if the Product may not be in use for any time during the Warranty Period for any reason.
- Any failure caused by an unsupported or third-party component will not be covered in warranty.
- In case of any third party component/spare/Product used in conjunction with the HANSGROHE Products and which is affecting Product functionality/usage/performance.
- Defects/Damage caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches, lizards or any other animals/insects.
- In case Electric Printed Circuit Board(PCB) is burnt due to improper Earthing/Grounding. If the Products are not installed according to the instruction manual.
- If the Product is purchased from an unauthorised dealer.
- Improper care, handling & cleaning of the Products.
How to make a Warranty Claim
To submit and/or avail a warranty claim, please contact HANSGROHE Customer Service at E Mail - email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephonic enquiries shall be directed to HANSGROHE India toll free no.1800- 209- 3246 between 09.30 Hrs. and 18.30 Hrs. Monday to Saturday, however excluding public and national holidays.
Please provide all applicable information regarding your claim that also shall include:
- Customer name / contact no. / complete address with pin code / e-mail id of Customer.
- Product/Model Number
- Proof-of-purchase (copy of your original sales receipt, purchase order, or invoice), the date when the Product was purchased from a HANSGROHE channel partner or directly or Product Serial Number in case if Product is registered with HANSGROHE India.
- Complete description of the problem with supporting documentation/s as applicable.
** Care and Cleaning Tips:
- Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area on the Product before applying it to the entire surface.
- Do not allow harsh cleaners to sit or soak on the Product.
- Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after applying cleaners.
- Clean the fitting with just a mild detergent (such as dishwashing soap ) and a damp cloth. Then simply rinse off and wipe dry. You can prevent lime scale by drying the fitting after each use.
- We also advise against the use of solvents or acidic cleaners, lime scale removers, household vinegar and cleaning agents containing acetic acid. They will attack the surface and leave your fitting looking dull and scratched. Because the formulae of commercially available cleaners are changed frequently.
- Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth to clean, never use abrasive material like a bristle brush or scouring pad.
- Wherever gold or platinum metal is used on Products, use only warm water to clean and then dry the surface with a soft cloth.
** Never use cleaners containing abrasive cleansers, ammonia, bleach, acids, waxes alcohol, solvents or other Products not recommended for chrome. This will void the warranty.
To ensure uninterrupted pressure of water, it is advisable to keep the pipelines straight with a minimum number of bends, which will support the smooth flow of water. Customer may / can use an appropriate pressure pump to have adequate pressure of water for optimum performance of Products.
All the supply lines must have vent pipes. These vent pipes help in removing air-locking in the water supply to give a smooth flow of water from the fittings.
Prior to plastering or fixing tiles, test the working of all the installed concealed fittings on a high pressure to check for leakage insert, if any.
Place the outlet point in the overhead tank at least 25 cm above the ground level of the tank. This prevents the flow of foreign particles, sand etc., along with water supply into the fittings and thereby prevents the possible damage to the working parts. Clean the tank thoroughly before the supply starts. It is suggested that the overhead tank must be cleaned at regular intervals to avoid inflow of foreign particles.
To protect the fine finish of fittings from dirt, stains and other damages during construction, cover them with cloth or polypack after their installation, till they come into actual use.
Buy HANSGROHE Products from Authorized Sales Channels only to ensure genuine quality material.
Insist on genuine spares from HANSGROHE India's local spare part dealers or its Authorized Stockiest in case of any repair or replacement.
Strictly follow the instructions manual provided for individual items in their packing boxes for their correct installation & maintenance.